Mutton Pulao Recipe | How To Make Perfect Mutton Pulao | Mutton Pulao In A Pressure Cooker - Tarika
Learn how to make a tempting and delicious Mutton pulao at home with Chef Tarika on Get Curried.
Mutton Pulao is a dish fairly common in North Indian, South Indian and Pakistani and Turkish cuisine that incorporates mutton into rice pilaf. The rice used is almost invariably Basmati or a close variant. Make this mutton biryani and let us know in the comment section below.
Ingredients to cook mutton and: (Serves 2)
- 3 cups Water - 3 Bay leaves2 tbsp Coriander seeds - 8 Cloves - 20 Black peppercorns - 5 Green cardamoms - 1 tbsp Fennel seeds - 2 Cinnamon sticks - 2 Star anise - 1 Mace - 2 Onions(chopped) - 2 inch Ginger - 5 Cloves garlic - 2 Kashmiri red chillies - 2 tsp cumin seeds - 500 gms Mutton - Salt
Ingredients to cook pulao:
- 1 tbsp Ghee - 1 tbsp Oil - 1 Bay leaf - 4 Cloves - 1 Kashmiri red chilli - 1 cinnamon stick - 3 Green cardamoms - 1 black Cardamom - 1 Onion(sliced) - 1/2 tsp cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp Ginger paste - 1/2 tsp Garlic paste - 1 green chilli(slit) - 1 Tomato(chopped) - 1/4 cumin powder - 1/2 tsp Garam masala - 1/2 tsp Coriander powder - 1/2 red chilli powder - Salt - 1 cup Basmati rice(soaked) - 1 1/2 cups Stock - 1/2 Lemon juice
1. Take water in the pressure cooker and heat it
2. Now, Take a muslin cloth and add bay leaves, cloves, black pepper, cardamoms, fennel seeds, cinnamon sticks, star anise, mace, onions, ginger, garlic, red chillies, cumin seeds.
3. Tie couple of knot to the muslin cloth with all the masala s in it, and place it in the water kept for heating
4. Now, Add mutton in the hot water with salt and close the lid
5. Cook it on gas on a high flame for 8 whistles and open the lid to check if it s cooked
6. Once cooked, take out all the mutton pieces in a bowl, and drain all the liquid out of the muslin cloth with masalas in it and keep it aside.
7. Now drain out the mutton stock in a vessel
8. Add ghee, oil in the empty cooker and put mutton pieces in it, to fry a little and place it back in the bowl
9. Now, add bay leaf, cloves, Kashmiri red chilli, cinnamon stick to the cooker. Also bash green cardamom, black cardamom and put in in the cooker
10. Put sliced onion in the cooker and saute it until golden brown, and then add cumin seeds, ginger paste, garlic paste, slit green chilli.
11. Mix all of this well, till the raw smell of ginger and garlic goes away
12. Now, add tomato, cumin powder,garam masala, coriander powder, red chilli powder, salt in the cooker and mix it again.
13. Take the muttons now, put it in the pan and mix it
14. Now, Add Basmati rice which was soaking in water for about half an hour, in the cooker
15. Mix the Rice with mutton and masalas, and then add stock to it with lemon juice
16. Close the lid, and let it cook on a high flame for 1 whistle
You can buy the induction here - - https://www.kent.co.in/cooking-appliances/induction-cooktop/kent-induction-cooktop-KB-83
Download the Get Curried App by clicking on this link:- http://bit.ly/GetCurriedVegNonVegRecipes_And