How to make Basmati Rice (easy, perfect way!)
The secret to making Basmati Rice that s light and fluffy is the RIGHT Rice to Water ratio (1 cup rice to 1.5 cups water).
Do that, and there s no need to rinse or drain giant pots of boiling water. In fact, if you rinse the rice, you MUST reduce the water by 2 tbsp (because rice becomes waterlogged).
No burnt pot base. Perfect fluffy rice - evidenced in the video!
How to make Basmati Rice:
1. 1 cup rice and 1.5 cups water in medium to large saucepan
2. Bring to simmer over medium high heat - entire surface must be rippling (not giant bubbles), not just edges but all across surface. Will be foamy.
3. Once surface is rippling, place lid on THEN turn down to medium low (or low for super strong stoves).
4. Cook 12 minutes - DO NOT LIFT LID.
5. Tilt saucepan then QUICKLY lift lid to check all water absorbed, then quickly put lid back on.
6. Remove from stove, leave 10 minutes. Then fluff with rubber spatula or rice paddle, do not use fork, it will break the long grains. Serve!