Greek Salad - Horiatiki Salata - My Recipe Book By Tarika Singh
Learn how to make Greek Salad at home with Tarika Singh.
Food Blogger Tarika Singh brings you a fresh, healthy and delicious salad recipe from the Greek cuisine. The Greek salad is one of the most popular and well-known Greek dishes outside and inside Greece. It is basically a salad made with tomatoes, cucumber, olive oil, olives and feta and there are variations around the globe. Check out Tarika s take on this salad to make it more sumptuous and delicious. This salad can be eaten as a side dish or as a light meal with some fresh bread.
1 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
1/2 tbsp lemon juice
5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano
garlic - freshly chopped
romaine lettuce - chopped into bite-size pieces
tomatoes - chopped
yellow bell pepper - chopped
green bell pepper - chopped
cucumber - deseeded and chopped
1/2 cup black olives
1 small red onion - soaked in vinegar
To make the dressing:
- In a jar, add the red wine vinegar, lemon juice, extra virgin olive oil, freshly grounded pepper, sea salt and dried oregano and whish all the ingredients together.
- Add the freshly chopped garlic to the dressing and give it a good whisk.
- Close the lid of the jar and let it cool in the refrigerator.
To make the salad:
- In a bowl, add the chopped lettuce, chopped tomatoes, yellow and green bell pepper, chopped cucumber (deseeded), black olives, crumbled feta cheese and the red onion and give it a toss.
- Add the dressing to the salad and give it a nice toss.
- The Greek salad is ready to be served. Do not forget to serve the salad chilled.
Host: Tarika Singh
Director: Vaibhav Dhandha
Assistant Director: Ivan Pereira
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya
Editing: Ravi Varma
VFX - Shravan Shah
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GetCurried
Share on Facebook - http://goo.gl/36K1x8
Tweet about this - http://goo.gl/dr8wc1
Share on G+ - http://goo.gl/CQsE9R
Subscribe and Get regular Updates: http://bit.ly/SubscribeToGetCurried