This classic cheesecake is one of the best desserts ever, rich and decadent. Hardly can anyone stop to one slice.
To print the recipe check the full recipe on my blog: http://www.homecookingadventure.com/recipes/classic-cheesecake
Makes about 10-12 servings
Crust 9 oz (250 g) digestive biscuits or graham crackers 6 tbsp (80 g) unsalted butter, melted
Cream Cheese Filling 2 pounds ( 1kg) cream cheese, room temperature 1 cup (240g) sour cream 1 cup (200g) sugar 1 tsp (5g) vanilla 5 eggs, room temperature 1 tbsp (8g) cornstarch pinch of salt lemon zest from 1 lemon
1. Prepare the crust. Preheat oven to 350 F (180C). Crush the biscuits/crackers using a food processor until crumbs form.Pour the melted butter over the crumbs. Process until evenly moistened. Press the crumbs mixture with the back of the spoon into the bottom of a 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base). Bake for 13-15 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.
2. Reduce oven temperature to 300F (150C).
3. Prepare the cream cheese filling. In a large bowl mix the cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar, cornstarch and salt and mix until combined.
4. Add eggs one at a time until each egg is incorporated. Add vanilla extract, lemon zest and sour cream. Mix until well combined. Try to not overmix the batter to incorporate as little air as possible.
5. Pour the cream cheese mixture over the prepared crust.
6. Bake for 45-55 minutes. Turn off the heat and leave it another hour in the oven.
7. Remove and run a sharp knife around the inside edge of the pan. Let it cool completely at room temperature. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
8. Decorate with your favorite fruits and dust with powdered sugar if desired before serving.