Broccoli Mac and Cheese Recipe
If you tired of regular mac and cheese you can try this new Broccoli Mac and Cheese recipe. Creamy, rich with nice addition of broccoli. A must try recipe.
Printable Version: https://www.thecookingfoodie.com/recipe/Broccoli-Mac-and-Cheese-Recipe
More Lunch and Dinner Recipes:
Mac and Cheese: http://bit.ly/MacAndCheeseTCF
Shepherd s Pie: http://bit.ly/ShepherdsPieTCF
Greek Moussaka: http://bit.ly/MoussakaGreek
Lasagna : http://bit.ly/LasagnaTCF
Shrimp Fettuccine Alfredo: http://bit.ly/ShrimpFettuccine
My favorite kitchen equipment:
13oz (370g) macaroni
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
1 small-medium onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup (115g) Cheddar cheese
3/4 cup (85g) Gouda cheese
3/4 cup (85g) Mozzarella cheese
4 tablespoons (30g) Flour
4 tablespoons (60g) Butter
4 cups (1L) Milk
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
1/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 360F (180C).
2. In a large bowl combine all the cheeses and set aside.
3. Heat large pot of salted water, cook the broccoli florets for 3-4 minutes, until soft but not soggy. Drain and set aside. Cook the macaroni to al dente (1-2 minutes less then package instructions).
4. While the pasta is cooking make the sauce: In a large pot, melt the butter, add chopped onion and sauté until soft, about 5 minutes over low-medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 more minute. Add flour and whisk over medium-low heat. Cook for a couple of minutes, whisking constantly, until golden. gradually add the milk and whisk until smooth. Cook until slightly thickens, about 5-6 minutes.
5. remove from heat, season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
6. Gradually add 3/4 of the cheese mixture to the sauce and whisk until melted after each addition.
7. Drain the pasta and add to the sauce. Add the broccoli.
8. Transfer to a 12-inch (30cm) round baking dish, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 of the cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden and bubbly.
* serve warm
* you can use any type of cheese that you like